Win Up to $25,000 at the 2023 AltCap Your Biz Pitch Competition at GEWKCJake Slobe
Are you an aspiring entrepreneur in Kansas or Missouri with big dreams for your business? Are you looking for that one opportunity to take your venture to the next level? Look no further because the 2023 AltCap Your Biz Pitch Competition is here and is giving out more than $40,000 in cash prizes!
The competition is fierce, but so are the rewards:
- 1st place: $25,000
- 2nd place: $10,000
- Change Maker (Best community impact business plan): $5,000
- Fan Favorite (Decided by social media & in-person voting): $2,500
The winners will be announced during a live pitch event at this year’s Global Entrepreneurship Week – Kansas City on Nov. 16.
Dr. Shelley Cooper took home the top prize of $25,000 at last year’s competition for her company Diversity Telehealth, a Kansas City, Missouri-based telemedicine consulting firm she founded in 2012.
“It was a lifeline,” Shelley said in a story by AltCap. “If I hadn’t gotten that, we wouldn’t be where we are (today).”
The AltCap Your Biz Pitch Competition is open to any business owner or entrepreneur who meets the following criteria:
- Entrepreneurs or owners of an existing business with annual revenues of less than $250,000.
- Entrepreneurs with a business registered in Missouri or Kansas.
- Startups are eligible but must have their business registered by Nov. 10 and be ready to start operation in the first quarter of 2024.
- Companies must be for-profit businesses; nonprofits and 501c3 organizations are not eligible to apply.
- Selected applicants must attend the 2023 Global Entrepreneurship Week – Kansas City in person.
- Prior first or second place winners are not eligible to apply.
If you’re eligible, you must create a compelling pitch video that highlights your business’s unique aspects and how you would utilize the cash prize to foster growth. Once your pitch video is ready, complete the application form on the AltCap website and ensure that all necessary details are accurately filled out.
The future of your business could be just one pitch away. Pitch videos and applications are due Oct. 8. Apply today!