Which of These 8 KC Startups Will Receive Funding at the 7th Pure Pitch Rally?David Cawthon
From nutrition to logistics, local entrepreneurs continue innovating solutions that could result in Kansas City’s next unicorn. Eight exciting tech startups will showcase their ideas at the seventh annual Pure Pitch Rally.
This one-of-a-kind event helps startups grow by offering non-dilutive spot-cash funding to pitchers. Pure Pitch Rally will maximize exposure between entrepreneurs and investors at the competition Oct. 17 at the Burns & McDonnell Global Headquarters Auditorium, 9300 Ward Parkway, Kansas City, Missouri.
At the Oct. 17 presentation, the startup founders have just a few minutes to convey their startup concept to “land sharks” — a nod to the hit TV show “Shark Tank” and Kansas City’s landlocked geography — who will donate $1,000 to the pitcher of their choice. In total, up to $1 million in cash and resources will be awarded.
Pure Pitch Rally highlights innovators from across all industries who are creating technology solutions to enhance our communities and improve quality of life. The founders selected to pitch this year will share their bold new ideas:
• AskSAMIE, Brandy Archie: AskSAMIE matches caregivers and patients with the adaptive equipment needed after significant health events or medical procedures.
• CodeAlgo Academy, Triumfia Houmbie Fulks: CodeAlgo Academy is a gaming platform that teaches elementary and middle school students how to code.
• Health Partners MD, Courtney Younglove: Health Partners MD helps employers fight obesity in the workforce with the goal of decreasing medical costs.
• Hermes LST, Rick Macartney: Hermes harnesses technology to smooth the process of vehicle titling and registration, allowing dealers to recognize revenue more quickly.
• Marma, Meredith McAllister: Marma is an app that provides nutritional guidance, fetal tracking and telehealth support during fertility, pregnancy and postpartum.
• Routine Success, Matt Gunter: Routine Success is a technology aid for neurodiverse adolescents and adults.
• Spyder Inc., Nedra Barr: Spyder helps insurance agents and financial service providers achieve effortless cyber and document storage compliance.
• YAT LLC, Robert Goss: YAT leverages technology to help logistics brokers scale.
The startups’ selection to the 2022 Pure Pitch Rally opens the door to opportunities before, during and after the event. In addition to sharing their ideas and networking with local executives, community leaders and investors, founders also are invited to participate in five exclusive boot camps that aim to help them build a firm foundation for their business.
New this year, the startups will also benefit from broader access to the investor community through the rally’s livestream. Access details will be available on the Pure Pitch Rally website and on its social media channels closer to the event date.
Pure Pitch Rally is an effort supported by local businesses to enhance the startup ecosystem. Presenting sponsors include Burns & McDonnell, Circle Sideways, Fenaroli & Associates, Forvis, nbkc Bank, Park University and Polsinelli. Supporting sponsors are Morningstar Communications, Plexpod and Viagio Technologies.