Show Me the Money: KC Startups That Received Funding in May 2019David Cawthon
Each month, we highlight the businesses in Kansas City that are receiving funding and making the right moves to grow from a startup to a second-stage business. Here are the companies that landed investments in May 2019:
- Bar K lands $500K from undisclosed investors
- IFAA Legal Services, Strategic Workforce Development and Trvl Arm each win $1500 in first Determination Inc. Rise Up Get Started program
- PayIt gains $25M in follow-on investment from Weatherford Capital
- Strayne Holdings brings in $200K from undisclosed investors
- TABS Analytics acquires KC’s Decision Insight
- Boddle acquires $100K from AT&T Aspire Accelerator
- KC’s Zego acquired by San Diego firm
Local students win in Kansas Entrepreneurship Challenge
– Existing business division: $2.5K to Aidan Scurato and Nate Schanker for Hyped KC, Blue Valley North High School
– Technology division: $4K to Austin Jones and Hunter Vasquez for Drone Estate, Blue Valley West High School
Funding information is gathered from CB Insights, the media and public announcements from our Resource Partners.
Not sure what kind of funding you should seek?
Check out our funding chart, which is chock-full of definitions and descriptions to help you determine what stage of funding to pursue.
Who else has been funded?
See other Kansas City companies that received funding and get updates on how KC is making progress toward becoming America’s most entrepreneurial city on our Entrepreneur Dashboard.
Don’t see your funding announcement?
Get on the list: Email us at [email protected].