Show Me the Money: KC Startups That Received Funding in April 2019David Cawthon
Each month, we highlight the businesses in Kansas City that are receiving funding and making the right moves to grow from a startup to a second-stage business. Here are the companies that landed investments in April 2019:
- BacklotCars raises $25M from investor group, including KCRise Fund, Royal Street Ventures, Rise of the Rest
- Aratana Therapeutics acquired by Elanco Animal Health
- Main Street Data raises $1.08M from Leawood Venture Capital, OpenAir Equity Partners
- Spring Venture Group opens $110M line of credit through Comvest Credit Partners
- Thou Mayest acquires Quay Coffee
Resource Partner Funding:
- LEANLAB Education gets $200K in funding from Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
Funding information is gathered from CB Insights, the media and public announcements from our Resource Partners.
Not sure what kind of funding you should seek?
Check out our funding chart, which is chock-full of definitions and descriptions to help you determine what stage of funding to pursue.
Who else has been funded?
See other Kansas City companies that received funding and get updates on how KC is making progress toward becoming America’s most entrepreneurial city on our Entrepreneur Dashboard.
Don’t see your funding announcement?
Get on the list: Email us at [email protected].