SBA Wants Your Nominations for 2019 Missouri, Kansas Small Business Person of the YearDavid Cawthon
Do you know an awesome Kansas City small business that deserves national recognition? (Or maybe you run such a biz yourself?)
Well, it’s your move: The U.S. Small Business Administration is now accepting nominations for its 2019 National Small Business Week Awards, which includes the annual Small Business Person of the Year.
Since 1963, National Small Business Week has recognized the achievements of U.S. small businesses for their contributions to local communities and the U.S. economy.
“This is a great opportunity to recognize those small businesses that have contributed significantly to their local communities, developed creative products or made advances with innovative technologies,” says SBA Administrator Linda McMahon. “A National Small Business Week award is one of the nation’s highest honors for small business achievement.”
You can review and download forms, criteria and guidelines for submitting that nomination. But be quick. You’ve got only until Jan. 9, 2019.
The SBA gives these awards to celebrate National Small Business Week. That’ll be from May 5-11, 2019.
Awards span these categories:
- Small Business Person of the Year: One from each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Guam.
- Small Business Exporter of the Year
- Phoenix Awards for Disaster Recovery
- 8(a) Graduate of the Year
- Jody C. Raskind Lender of the Year
- Small Business Investment Company of the Year
Federal Procurement Awards:
– Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year
– Small Business Subcontractor of the Year
– Dwight D. Eisenhower Awards for Excellence (for large prime contractors who use small businesses as suppliers and contractors)
Awards to SBA Resource Partners:
– Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Excellence and Innovation Center Award
– Women’s Business Center of Excellence Award
– Veterans Business Outreach Center Excellence in Service Award
Make sure to submit your application no later Jan. 9, 2019.