Kansas City Women in Technology's (KCWiT) mission is to grow the number of women in technology careers in Kansas City through providing networking events and volunteer opportunities for members, and running programs targeted toward youth to encourage girls to pursue technology.
KCWiT's vision is an equally diverse technology workforce in the Kansas City area that attracts and retains talented people.
Currently, KCWiT runs several programs throughout the year:
- CoderDojoKC (dispelling notions that coding is gender-specific; coding sessions for both boys & girls)
- Coding & Cupcakes (exploring coding for mothers & daughters)
- Coding & Cocktails (exploring coding for adult women)
- TechTalks (networking events including educational speaker/panel)
- Django Girls (yearly weekend-long workshop geared toward women who want to learn to build websites)