FabLab at MCC-Penn Valley
The FabLab at Metropolitan Community College is a makerspace full of tools, technology and training. What you can create is limitless.
FabLab membership is free for all Metropolitan Community College students and employees. Membership is also available to community members for a small fee.
In the FabLab, you can conceptualize, design, develop, fabricate and test almost anything. Whether you are a student, artist, engineer, tinkerer or inventor, the FabLab has the tools to make your craft better.
It boasts several prototyping technologies, metalworking, an array of woodworking equipment, basic welding equipment and many other types of tools and technologies including a fully capable computer-assisted drafting and design (CADD) lab.
- Metalworking tools: MIG welder, manual lathe, manual mill, band saw, etc.
- Woodworking tools: Compound miter saw, planer, wood lathe, jointer, etc.
- Programmable/automated machinery: CNC router and laser engravers
- Power tools: Saws, drills, screwdrivers, hammers, pliers, etc.
About the FabLab
- The FabLab is located at MCC-Penn Valley, 3201 Southwest Trafficway, Kansas City, Missouri 64111, Room ET 150.
- It is open to all MCC students, MCC employees, students from other colleges and the community.
- FabLab is open Monday – Thursday, 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- To use the FabLab, you must attend an orientation/safety class, which will cover general lab safety, tool and machine usage and FabLab rules. See calendar below for orientation dates and times.
- Contact FabLab for additional information about membership, pricing and safety policies.
To learn more about the FabLab, contact lab technician Jen Dec by emailing [email protected]. Check out our Google calendar below for orientation dates and times.
To learn more about the 3D printing lab, contact Chris Page, phone: 816.604.5438 or email: [email protected].
Office, Incubator, Accelerator, Laboratory, Kitchen and Meeting Space
- Maker Space (Specialty)
- Health and Safety Training
- Trade Education and Training
- Product Design and Development
- Prototype Development
Manufacturing, High Tech, Life Sciences Development
- Manufacturing Development