Meet the Winners of the 2023 Regnier Venture Creation Challenge Pitch CompetitionJake Slobe
The 2023 Regnier Venture Creation Challenge, an annual business plan and pitch competition hosted by University of Missouri – Kansas City, will award up to $90,000 in funding to student entrepreneurs and Kansas City small business owners later this month.
This year’s competition is broken down into three tracks — two for students and one for the Kansas City community.
The finalist presentations are 1-3 p.m. in-person on Friday, April 28, followed by an awards ceremony and networking at the UMKC Bloch Executive Hall.
Here is the roster of this year’s finalists:
James and Rae Block Kansas City Startup Track
Open to early-stage businesses with annual revenue between zero to $250,000 operating in the Kansas City MARC Region. None of the founding team (equity holders/owners) can be current degree-seeking college students.
· First place, $17,500: Rings of Care KC Inc.
· Second place, $12,500: Come on Now Inc.
· Third place, $2,500: Venboo
Regnier College Startup Track
Open to students (undergraduate, graduate, PhD) enrolled at a university or college in Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska or Kansas.
· First place, $15,000: ChiChi (Washington University in St. Louis)
· Second place, $10,000: King of the Curve (Washington University in St. Louis)
· Third place, $5,000: Xotu Jewelry (University of Missouri – Kansas City)
Blue KC Healthcare Innovation Track
Open to healthcare related ventures started by degree-seeking college students (undergraduate, graduate, Ph.D.) from any area of study enrolled at a university or college in Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska or Kansas.
· First place, $15,000: Foliagraft (Missouri University of Science and Technology)
· Second place, $10,000: InforMedic, Inc. (University of Nebraska – Lincoln)
Outstanding undergraduate venture, $2,500: Solutoy
Outstanding social venture, $2,500: Vi Sinh Xinh
Photo of 2022 winners courtesy of Regnier Venture Creation Challenge.