Take the CEO-to-CEO Challenge
Kansas City’s leading corporations and businesses are committing to increase their supplier diversity programs in an effort to promote equity and support local businesses. Show your support by taking the CEO-to-CEO Challenge and committing to an intentional and inclusive approach to procurement.
Supply Chain Diversity Pledge
I commit our firm to intentional, inclusive procurement with diverse suppliers of 100 employees or fewer. This effort will be integrated into our strategic sourcing and purchasing processes. Where possible, local suppliers will be prioritized to generate efficiency and innovation for our firm, increase opportunities for small and diverse suppliers and ultimately contribute to the economic growth of the region.
Ultimately, our goal is to grow our spend with small and diverse suppliers. We will accomplish this by establishing and supporting partnerships with the small and diverse business community, helping these businesses grow and engaging with community organizations that share our commitment.
I pledge to:
- Support the local economy by buying from small and diverse businesses.
- Be an advocate for the cause internally and with my peers.
- Establish an internal accountability framework for intentional, inclusive procurement to include data tracking and reporting of new and existing vendors.
- Tie inclusive procurement goals to the firm’s strategic priorities, thereby weaving it into the culture of our company.
- Evaluate sourcing and procurement spend and explore opportunities to grow and expand relationships and processes to include diverse suppliers.
- Build the diversity of the firm’s supplier pipeline.
- Spotlight success stories of diverse suppliers.
- Add resources for development and measurement of these activities.
In making this pledge, I commit to reporting our progress to KCSourceLink on a yearly basis, understanding this information will be part of an annual progress report to the community delivered by KCSourceLink and KC Rising. (Community reports will be in aggregate with no individual firm identified.)
Set the example. Take the CEO-to-CEO Challenge.
We’ll send you the pledge letter and follow up with the Challenge Playbook and next steps.
By submitting this webform, you willingly agree to the terms and conditions outlined in the Supply Chain Diversity Pledge listed above.
By supplying your contact information, you authorize KCSourceLink to contact you with further resources, events and opportunities to engage with other businesses and KC’s startups ecosystem. You may unsubscribe from our communications at any time.