Blue Valley Schools’ Center for Advanced Professional Studies (CAPS) is a nationally recognized, innovative high school program. Students fast forward into their future and are fully immersed in a professional culture, solving real world problems, using industry standard tools and are mentored by actual employers, all while receiving high school and college credit. CAPS is an example of how business, community and public education can partner to produce personalized learning experiences that educate the workforce of tomorrow, especially in high skill, high demand jobs.
CAPS courses fall into to 6 instructional strands: Accelerator, Bioscience, Business, Technology & Media, Engineering, Human Services and Medicine & Healthcare. The program is open the junior and senior level high school students living within the Blue Valley School District attendance boundary. Relevance is central to the CAPS learning model. Our students learn by solving real problems. The 10th thing on your to do list is the perfect project for us! You may submit a project for consideration by visiting the CAPS website and clicking on the engage tab.
OR You may submit a project for consideration by visiting the CAPS website and clicking here.
- Market analysis and business plan development
- Event planning and management
- Social media plan, design and development
- Creative services – photography, graphic design, video production
- Training design and instructional assistance
- Design using AutoCad, Inventor, Revit, and Multi Sim
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing including 3D Printing, Laser Engraving & Cutting, CNC Router, CNC Plasma Cutter, Vertical Mill, Lathe, and MIG & TIG Welding
- Electronics including Circuit Boards, Component Assembly, Testing & Trouble Shooting
- Apps (wireframe, feature enhancement or general conceptual design)
- Simple game design for brand promotion
- Simple software/engineering in various languages
- Simple back-end and/or database Applications