BBB of Greater Kansas City's mission to promote trust in the marketplace has made us a business leader since 1916. BBB sets standards for marketplace trust, celebrates business role models, calls out substandard marketplace behavior, and creates a community of trustworthy businesses and charities.
We endeavor to promote business excellence, providing guidance and support to businesses that helps provide a better customer experience through quality products and services.
We do this by:
- Setting standards for marketplace trust.
- Encouraging and supporting best practices by engaging with and educating consumers and businesses
- Celebrating marketplace role models
- Calling out and addressing substandard marketplace behavior
- Creating a community of trustworthy businesses and charities
Products & Services
- Business and Charity Profiles - Provide a marketing tool for businesses and charities that includes information to help consumers with buying or donating decisions.
- Public Education / BBB ScamTracker - Issue tips and warn the community about scams or unethical business behavior.
- BBB Military Line - Work with the military to bring financial literacy training, tips, fraud alerts and smart investing resources.
- Dispute Resolution - Solving disputes between businesses and consumers
- Investigations - BBB investigates companies and their business practices.
- Advertising Review - Review and challenge misleading advertising
- Business Training & Guidance - Education, resources and events designed to help create better, more profitable businesses.
- Accreditation - BBB Accredited businesses have met accreditation standards, including a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any complaints. They pay an annual fee for review and monitoring for continued compliance and for support of BBB services to the public.