KC Tech Council
The KC Tech Council serves as the regional advocate for Kansas City’s tech industry, focused on elevating Kansas City as the leading tech hub of the Midwest. Membership comprises companies ranging from early-stage to enterprise, covering all facets of the tech industry and an abundance of outside industries that bolster its growth.
- Access Granted: Industry access is one of the KC Tech Council’s pillars to supporting Kansas City’s regional tech industry. Providing access to top business leaders is a privilege, and the council is excited to break down the barriers and gatekeepers with Access Granted. Access Granted is your chance to schedule virtual, 15-minute, one-on-one meetings with top decision-makers and showcase the innovation and potential partnerships growing in our own backyard. To participate in Access Granted, your company must be an active KC Tech Council member.
- Apprenti KC: Launched in early 2021, Apprenti KC is the KC Tech Council’s tech apprenticeship program, focused on creating pathways to tech careers for skilled individuals regardless of prior technology experience. The program adopts the time-tested apprenticeship model for the technology industry, matching candidates with a two-to-five-month tech training program, followed by a one-year apprenticeship in the industry. More than 80% of Apprenti apprentices are then retained or hired by the company post-apprenticeship.
- The CEO Retreat: The CEO Retreat is designed with Kansas City CEOs in mind. High-level speakers have included Forrester analysts, U.S. senators and Fortune 500 CEOs. In addition to well-curated programming, the overnight retreat itself is exclusive in every sense of the word. Attendees must be a CEO or highest-ranking local official at a KCTC member company.
- Exec Roundtables: The Exec Roundtable series is designed to foster a dialogue between leading experts in the region. As a KCTC member, you can participate in conversations around data centers, cybersecurity and data analytics. If you are interested in receiving information on upcoming events, please sign up here.
- Job Board: If you or someone you know is ready to take the next step in tech, the KCTC Job Board is currently bursting with opportunities. Not looking to shift your career but interested in finding talented tech candidates to add to your team? KCTC members have the opportunity to post job listings free of charge and non-members can post for a small weekly fee.
- Volunteer Board: During the pandemic, KCTC launched a volunteer board that provides opportunities to use your tech-related skills in the Kansas City area to join advisory boards, engage in speaking opportunities, become a mentor and more. Learn more here.
- Demographic/Census Data
- Industry Specific
- Small Business/General
- International Trade (Specialty)
Office, Incubator, Accelerator, Laboratory, Kitchen and Meeting Space
- Conference/Meeting and Event Space
Internship Programs and Student Services
- Internship Program (Specialty)