GSA Heartland Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU)
Heartland Regional Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization serves as the Region 6 liaison and advocate for small businesses in Missouri, Kansas, Iowa and Nebraska. As an advocate for small business owners, the organization’s mission is to promote increased access to GSA’s nationwide procurement opportunities.
The socio-economic categories available are:
- Small disadvantaged, also called Section 8(a)
- Woman-owned small
- HUBZone small
- Veteran-owned small
- Service-disabled veteran-owned small
OSDBU promotes programs and activities for small business owners that provide access to GSA and other federal agencies by:
Working with GSA contracting officers to
- highlight the small business program for specific contracts including:
- Indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contracts.
- Blanket purchase agreements.
- Governmentwide acquisition contracts.
- GSA schedule.
- Providing information and guidance regarding GSA’s Forecast of Contracting Opportunities, contracting opportunities on SAM.gov and GSA eBuy.
- Participating in events, such as networking sessions, forums, conferences, workshops and trade shows within our region.
- Working alongside our regional SBA, Apex Accelerators, (formerly known as Procurement Technical Assistance Centers) and other resource partners.
- Assisting in finding subcontracting opportunities through the GSA Subcontracting Directory and the SBA Prime and Subcontracting Directory.
- Providing webinar training (available 24 hours a day for small businesses) and additional small business assistance and guidance.
- Partnering with federal, state and local agencies to assist potential vendors.
Public Policy and Government Relations
- Small Business Policy
- Market Research
Financial Resources and Assistance
- Obtaining Government Funding
- Small Business/General
Selling to the Government and Large Corporations
- Bid Matching and Preparation
- Government and Military Specifications
- Registration Assistance
- HUBZone Certification
- Subcontracting Opportunities
- Obtaining Government Contracts
- Government Requirements (Specialty)