Generating Income For Tomorrow (Kansas City G.I.F.T.)
After extensive outreach to Black business owners in the Kansas City metro to assess the current needs of the community, the following program has been created:
Growth grants are provided in the amounts of $25,000 & $50,000 and a startup grant is provided at $10,000.
Recipients who receive our grants are provided with a team of technical assistance professionals in the realms of business coaching, accounting, marketing and legal services.
A minimum of one growth grant and one startup grant are awarded per month.
The guidelines for how G.I.F.T. identifies grant recipients are outlined below:
- The business applying for the grant must be majority Black-owned.
- Preference will be given to businesses that are located or operate in our identified focus area with these ZIP codes: 64109, 64110, 64127, 64128, 64130 and 64132.
- The business must have a detailed itemized breakdown of exactly how the grant dollars would be utilized and clearly articulate the detailed long-term impact on business growth.
- Eligible expenses are payroll, inventory, fixed cost (rent, equipment, lease, etc.) and other day-to-day expenses.
- Preference will be given to projects with the highest propensity for job creation.
- The business will need to submit proof of their organizational structure and a recent financial statement.
- Failure to provide this information will result in the application being disqualified.
One of the grants will be in the amount of $25,000 or $50,000 each month, to help a business grow.
The second grant will be in the amount of $10,000 to help a business get started.
Public Policy and Government Relations
- African-American Business
Financial Resources and Assistance
- Budget, Financial Statement and Cash Flow Training
- Obtaining Government Funding (Specialty)
- Patent Seminars
Office, Incubator, Accelerator, Laboratory, Kitchen and Meeting Space
- Maker Space
- Bookkeeping/Accounting Software Training
- Business Management Training
- Business Plan Training and Assistance
- Marketing Plan Training
- Budget, Cash Flow and Financial Statements Training (Specialty)
Starting a Business
- Startup Business Counseling
- One-on-One Counseling