Young Entrepreneurs Showcase
GEWKC is Kansas City's largest celebration of entrepreneurship; the thinkers, doers and dreamers that are creating jobs and bringing innovation to life. In 2019, we are continuing to showcase what is happening inside of Kansas City area schools by involving local students that are making waves.
During this event, students will:
- Communicate their solution to the problem they are trying to solve with either a prototype, poster presentation, app, pitch or all of the above!
- Engage with and receive feedback from local entrepreneurs.
- Interact with like-minded students from other schools in the community and learn about their projects.
- Demonstrate to the outside community the unlimited capabilities of Kansas City's next generation.
- Become more motivated to take their existing solution to the next level!
Event Details: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 at Gregg/Klice Community Center (1600 John Buck O'Neil Way, Kansas City, MO 64108).
8 a.m. Doors Open (Setup and Pre-Conference Activity)
9-2 Young Entrepreneurs Showcase
8:45-9:15 Welcome and Ice Breaker
9:30-10:20 Session 1
- 1A: Entrepreneurial Mindset: A Race to Problem Solving
Greg Owsley, STEAM Director, Rockhurst High School and Rebecca Gubbels, UMKC Small Business Development Center
- 1B: Panel of Young Entrepreneurs
10-10:50 Fortifying Legacies: Economic Building with Youth Entrepreneurs
Tovah Tanner, Royale Cohesive Network
10:40-11:30 Session 2
- 2A: From Ideation to Implementation: Practical Ways to Start Your Business
Antionette Redmond: Director of Recruitment University of KS School of Business and Brandon Redmond, entrepreneur
- 2B: Panel: Businesses with Young Interns? What is Expected, How to Apply, etc.
- 2C: Gain Real-World Experience by Starting a Student-Run Business
Dr. Tammy Ogren, Cottey College Entrepreneurial Lab
11:30 Lunch with an Entrepreneur
12:30-1:10 Session 3
- 3A: Think You Don’t Need Email Marketing? Think Again
Janet M Elie, Launch4Life
- 3B: Seeing the Game Differently
Bruce Ianni, Co-founder/CEO, ShotTracker
1:15-2:00 Session 4
- 4A: MECA Challenge: The MECA Experience
Katie Kimbrell, Director of Education, KC Startup Foundation and Veronica Alvidrez, Experiences Coordinator, KC Startup Foundation
- 4B: Draw Your Future to Make it Happen
We encourage everyone to get involved — let us know if you'll be there.
We will reach out as the event gets closer to collect more information for those that are bringing students to showcase. If you have questions, feel free to email Greg Owsley: email@example.com.