Global Entrepreneurship Week
Get your GEWKC questions answered
Global Entrepreneurship Week is an international celebration of the innovators and job creators who launch startups and bring ideas to life. Founded by the Kauffman Foundation in 2008, it has since expanded to more than 170 countries.
How do I access my personal agenda on Sched?
Visit GEWKC home page at gewkc.org and click sign up on the Sched agenda if you are logging in for the first time. Click log in if you are a returning user. Select your events to build your custom agenda.
If you’d like to use the app, download the Sched app and search for Global Entrepreneurship Week – Kansas City. Sign in and your agenda will appear.
What are the rules to win a prize through the GEWKC Game of Chance?
I’m a GEWKC session host, and I have a question.
If you are hosting a GEWKC session explore our FAQ for event hosts. Most likely this FAQ will answer your question about base camp, capacity questions, marketing and more.
How do I get the location information for an session?
- You can view sessions by “map” and filter for just the sessions you’ve added to your GEWKC agenda.
- If you hover over the event, you’ll see the physical address. That is not available, however, when you click on the session. Clicking on “location” takes you back to the agenda, with a filtered view of other sessions at that location.
- You can view your schedule. Selecting “print” offers you a PDF, with session locations, with physical addresses.
- You can also click on the phone icon at the top to add events to your smartphone’s calendar. Sched offers instructions for how to add your sessions to various calendar platforms. When you do that, the event is populated on your personal calendar with the physical address.
Who organizes the sessions?
How do I get to GEWKC via public transportation?
Whether you are visiting from out of town, or just prefer public transportation, there are free and convenient ways to travel to GEWKC sessions.
RideKC Bike Share Program
We have partnered with RideKC to offer free ride credits during GEWKC. Follow these instructions to ride:
- Download the Ride KC Bike app
- Create an account
- Redeem this code from the app menu: GEWKC22
- Ready to ride!
- Valid for four 30-minute ride credits
- One credit per trip. Regular rates apply after ride credit time
RideKC bus routes are free to ride. You can use the following routes to get to basecamp locations:
- 201, North Oak – This route passes starts at Crown Center (heading North), passing through the East Village Transit Center and the River Market (3rd and Grand). When arriving to North Kansas City, exit at the stop on Burlington at E. 14th Avenue Northbound. iWerx is a four-minute walk from there.
- 238, Meadowbrook – This route starts at the East Village Transit Center (heading North), passing the River Market (3rd and Grand). When arriving to North Kansas City, exit the stop on Swift at E. 14th Avenue Northbound. iWerx is a six-minute walk from there.
Is GEWKC in-person or virtual this year?
GEWKC 2022 will be primarily in-person this year with some virtual sessions.
Where is Base Camp?
Who can attend a GEWKC event?
You! GEWKC is open to the entire Kansas City and Midwest community—those running a business, those thinking of starting a business, those working within a business that want to take advantage of additional learning and networking—or those who just want to know more about KC entrepreneurship.
Do I have to pay to attend sessions?
All sessions during GEWKC are free and open to the public.
How do I register for GEWKC?
Registrations will open in October at gewkc.org. Sign up there and build your agenda.
What if I can’t attend a session I signed up for or I want to add additional events to my agenda?
- Simply log into your Sched account and add/remove the event from your agenda. Add any event you’d like to attend because in-person events need a head count, and virtual events will use your registration to send you an event link if it’s on your agenda.
Can I attend an session I didn’t register for?
Registration is required for every session you plan to attend. Online events will send links so attendees can attend, and in-person sessions need a head count of those who plan to attend.
Who is responsible for marketing my event?
GEWKC as a conference will be marketed through a variety of paid and earned media efforts. However, if is ultimately the responsibility of the event host to market their specific event. We will provide social media posts, digital assets and tips for promoting. We know that hosts who use these tools and encourage their audiences, followers and fans to attend have higher attendance than those presenters who do not.
How do I become a sponsor?
Whom can I contact with questions?
Who’s in charge of GEWKC?
I want to submit an event for GEWKC next year.
- Our events have been curated for this year, but we’d love to have you as part of #GEWKC 2023. Be sure to subscribe to the KCSourceLink newsletter at kcsourcelink.com/subscribe, so you don’t miss the call for events in summer 2023.
I need straight-up business help. Is there someone I can talk to one-on-one?
Yes and of course. That’s what we’re about. And there are a couple of options to get that done.
1. Call a Network Navigator.
We have a hotline, answered by real people! Give KCSourceLink a call at 816-235-6500 and get a free Personal Action Plan to help you reach your next milestone.
2. Meet virtually with a Network Navigator.
Like to see the people you’re talking to? ¿Quieres hablar con alguien que hable español? Sign up to meet with a Navigator: kcsourcelink.com/meet
3. Request a MyPlan
If you don’t have time to sit and chat, just head over to kcsourcelink.com/myplan and ask for your Personal Action Plan of next steps and next resources. Always free, y’all.