More Tips for GEWKC Sessions and Presenters
What the GEWKC planning committee looks for . . .
To increase your chances of your session being selected for GEWKC, we strongly suggest that you:
- Share practical, actionable information that helps participants to start businesses, scale/grow businesses or engage with the entrepreneurial community.
- Go in-depth rather than staying broad — sessions that skim the surface usually draw less attendance and less favorable feedback.
- Consider the diversity of your presenters (race, ethnicity, gender) as well as the communities and industries they are affiliated with (rural/urban market, small/large asset size, financing sector).
- Include presenters from two or more organizations with multiple perspectives − As an example: when preparing a session on access to capital, consider including a borrower, partner organization or community representative.
- The GEWKC planning committee will work diligently to select a solid mix of strong event proposals offering value to a range of audiences and levels of experience.
- We do our best to accommodate as many strong proposals as we can. As stated above, we may do this by asking people who propose related topics to combine their ideas into a single session.
Below are three sample session descriptions to help you craft your GEWKC session and proposal.
*Titles are important! They are the first introduction people get to your session and often the only part of your session that is immediately visible in GEWKC promotions and printed materials. Mystery is fun, but getting specific lets people know what your session is about.
Which of KC’s 240+ Nonprofit Resources Can Help Your Business?
Hosted by KCSourceLink
So, you want to start or grow your business, but you’re not sure who can help or what step to take next. This session will show you how to leverage and connect with Kansas City’s amazing entrepreneur network of hundreds of organizations, experts, coaches, events and more to help your business (or nonprofit or business idea) reach the next level.
How to Access Alternative Financing
Hosted by AltCap
Learn how alternative financing can help you start and grow your small business. We will dispel some of the lending and finance myths and prepare you to become finance ready. We will also explore best practices and help you prepare to realize your dream.
Comeback KC Ventures Demo Day
Hosted by Kansas City Digital Drive
The Comeback KC Ventures program is designed to highlight new solutions that have emerged in response to COVID-19 and to support entrepreneurs as they develop these solutions into products, service lines and businesses. Our first Demo Day will allow early participants in the program a chance to show off what they have been working on.
▪️ A few last, yet important things . . .
Here are a few policies to guide your proposal and its promotion.
GEWKC 2022 Platform: Session presenters will be required to add their session to 2022 GEWKC Platform, Sched, even if the event is in person. Once added to the platform, sessions speakers will be able to manager their profiles, upload their presentations, edit their session descriptions and more. The GEWKC planning committee cannot provide compensation or reimbursement to presenters.
Session Organizer: The Session Organizer is the primary contact for all communications regarding the selected proposal and the session. The Session Organizer assumes full responsibility for the design of the session, coordination of all session presenters (if applicable), submission of all presenter and session materials, compliance with the GEWKC planning committee’s deadlines and successful session delivery.
All GEWKC sessions must be offered at no cost to the greater Kansas City community.
Session Scheduling: The GEWKC planning committee will determine the scheduling of all sessions selected to be held at basecamp. The time you select on your application is your preferred time and does not mean your session will be selected for that time slot. By confirming your final selection, you agree to be available for any of the times designated for sessions from November 14-20.
General community sessions will have the flexibility to select their preferred time for their sessions but may be encouraged to select alternative times that would provide additional visibility and attendance.
Want to propose more than one session? Or a single session at multiple times?
You certainly can! Please submit each session proposal separately.
▪️ GEWKC Proposal Submission Instructions
You made it! Here’s your end-of-page reminders.
Proposals are due by 11:59 pm CST on August 28, 2022. Proposals will not be accepted later than this date. And may we gently suggest you submit your event early to avoid any complications?
If you have questions on how to submit a proposal or about the content of your event, please call 816-235-6500 or email email@example.com. Support is available Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.