Google’s Remote Work Resources
Security Tips for Remote Workers
(Source: National Cyber Security Alliance)
As more employees work from home, basic security measures need to be taken to protect the individual and enterprise from cyber criminals who are taking advantage of lax telework security practices. Check out NCSA’s tips for staying safe online when working remotely.
The Remote Company Checklist: Strategies for Effective Remote Team Management
(Source: bitovi and our network’s own Jennifer Wadella!)
Workers can only be as successful as their environment allows. Use this checklist to set up your business and your processes for remote work.
Remote Work Policy Template
(Source: Overland Park Chamber of Commerce)
Even better than tips? A template. Your employees are likely headed home to work. Use this template to help inform your plan.
The Necessities of Policies, SOPs and Job Descriptions
(Source: Employment Law Handbook)
Operating a business without policies, SOPs, and job descriptions is like attempting to play a new board game without reading the rule book first, leading to confusion, conflict, and blame.
KCBJ Series: Working from Home
(Source: Kansas City Business Journal)
KCBJ has published several articles on how overcome the challenges of working from home for both employers and employees:
- More companies are encouraging (or even requiring) people to work from home. That could cause unexpected problems. Read more here.
- Be mindful of technology, legal and cybersecurity issues when it comes to having your staff work from home. Read more here.
- Both employers and employees have a difficult balancing act ahead: working remotely while also caring for children who are home from school. Read more here.
- Staff engagement and performance measurement can become more challenging at times of increased remote work. Read more here.
- Here's how industries that can't telework are confronting coronavirus. Read more here.
Cheat Sheet for Remote Work
(Source: Sujan Patel)
To help you navigate this new transition, Patel pulled together a few of favorite resources and best tips as part of a “cheat sheet” for remote work.
Best Tips for Working from Home Effectively
The coronavirus outbreak has many businesses urgently considering their work-from-home policies. If you're soon likely to be logging on from your living room, there are some best practices for working from home that will keep your tasks efficient and your business secure.