Haskell Indian Nations University (HINU) and the Kansas City Small Business Administration (SBA) presents the Sister Sky Empowerment Workshop. This workshop will be a 2-day, instructor-led business training program about entrepreneurship and small business management for Native entrepreneurs and business owners. All are welcome.
- Title: Sister Sky Empower Workshop (Business Training)
- Date: Tuesday, April 11th - Wednesday April 12th
- Time: 8AM CST - 5PM CST (Both Days)
- Place: 155 E. Indian Ave, Lawrence, KS 66046 (Haskell Auditorium)
Register to reserve your spot today at: https://nativesba.sisterskyinc.com/workshop/empowerment-workshop-8-2/.
Jackson Brossy, Assistant Administrator with SBA's Office of Native American Affairs and Michael Barrera, SBA Kansas City District Director will be presenting SBA resources for Native American entrepreneurs.
Eight learning modules will be provided:
- Module 1: Orientation to Entrepreneurship
- Module 2: Marketing Process
- Module 3: Organizational Types
- Module 4: Managing Cash Flow
- Module 5: Financial Management
- Module 6: Small Business Financing
- Module 7: Pop-Up Economy
- Module 8: Business Resource Capacity Building
All are welcome. The community of focus is Native individuals, Tribes, and communities such as:
- Tribal Business Owners
- Tribal Government Educators and Counselors
- Native CDFIs
- Native SBICs
- Native Small Businesses
- Native Large Businesses
- Native Educators and Mentors
All SBA programs are extended to the public on a non-discriminatory basis. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.