Are you a manufacturing company with 250 employees or less that needs assistance with hiring workforce, access to funding, use of prototyping equipment and technology, or wants to learn how to engage with university faculty, staff, and students?
Join UMKC’s School of Computing and Engineering on campus on July 15th from 3:00-5:00 PM for an opportunity to tour UMKC’s Innovation Studio, located in UMKC’s newest technology building – the Plaster Center:
- Tour the Plaster Center’s Innovation Studio, located in UMKC’s newest technology building, featuring fabrication and prototyping equipment, industrial and research-grade additive manufacturing equipment (3D printing), augmented, virtual and mixed reality equipment and software – with Innovation Studio staff
- Meet UMKC faculty and leadership in engineering – hear about senior design projects and how your company can participate and benefit
- Learn about UMKC career fairs, job boards, and other ways to reach students who could become future employees
- Hear from area Economic Development organizations to learn about programs/services/funding and incentive resources to expand and grow
- Learn about the Economic Development Administration (EDA) funded project – Partnership to Enhance Innovation, Resilience and Agility in Missouri’s Manufacturers, and funding for company-specific projects – from MU Extension staff.
- Discuss your feedback for topics/questions for future virtual roundtables
The event will take place on Friday, July 15th from 3:00-5:00 PM on the UMKC campus. Light food and drinks will be served. Location details will be shared before the event with those companies that have filled out the RSVP form. Attendance is limited to 25 small manufacturing companies on a first-come, first served basis via RSVP.
Manufacturers RSVP here
Economic Developers RSVP here