Starting a new nonprofit can be confusing and overwhelming. This free two-hour informational session covers basic planning steps and legal requirements to become a nonprofit organization.
- Nature and structure of nonprofit organizations
- Determining sufficient need to establish a new organization
- Legal issues and processes involved in establishing a nonprofit
- Alternatives to incorporation
- Governance and management challenges
Access the collection of resources referenced in the workshop.
The session will be held online as a webinar. When you register we will send you instructions on how to take part in the session via computer or phone.
Instructor:Cindy Laufer, Program Coordinator at MCNL and Judith Sharp, JD/LLM, Director of Entrepreneurial Legal Services Clinic at UMKC School of Law