Applying for federal grants can – to put it mildly – be daunting. In this session, presenter Julie Assel, GPC makes it easier by guiding participants through the major components of federal grants, and how policy can impact the timelines of federal grant opportunities. You’ll hear about some of the key aspects and pitfalls of writing federal grants, including planning, writing, submission, and management, including budgets and reporting.
You’ll learn about:
- Major trends in federal funding, and how to find appropriate grant opportunities for your organization as an awardee or as a partner agency
- Key similarities and differences between foundation and federal grants
- Whether federal grants are more difficult to manage
- Federal planning approaches and writing styles
- Factors impacting budgets