First, is your business eligible?
- Only businesses that are majority owned by a business owner of color are eligible.
- After that, businesses
- must be in the Kansas City Metropolitan Statistical Area
- must have documented sales in 2019 of less than $250,000
- must have been negatively impacted by COVID-19
That covers the basics, but visit umkcinnovates.com/grant
for full eligibility requirements.
Second, get ready to apply.
Here’s what you’ll need:
The KC Minority Business Resiliency Grant is funded by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation and administrated by UMKC Innovation and its financial partners: AltCap, Bank of Blue Valley, Bank of Labor, Central Bank of the Midwest and UMB Bank.
- Basic information about your business: company name, name of all owners, racial/ethnic background of all owners as well as links to your website and social media channels
- Requested grant amount (up to, but not exceeding $5,000) and how you’ll use it
- Proof of business documents, which can include customer lists, contracts, bank statements, income statements
- Simple income statement for January 2019 through May 2020 and financial projection for June 2020 through December 2021
- Evidence of how COVID-19 affected your business