We Started the Chat
Last November, Healthy KC hosted an event called “Start the Chat” about workplace mental health. We launched the KC Workplace Mental Health Assessment to learn how KC-area employers are addressing mental health, as well as areas where employers could use help. In March, we presented some preliminary results from the assessment at the Annual Healthy KC Breakfast, where Shaun Tyrance, Kansas City Chiefs' team clinician, shared how he is making it more comfortable to talk about mental health among Chiefs players and staff.
Let’s Continue the Chat
Recently, our community has experienced unimaginable and complex change in order to adapt to the Covid 19 crisis. Many employers have recognized that mental health needs to be a primary focus, and they have responded in positive ways to support their workers. We invite anyone interested in workplace mental health to help us Continue the Chat. Join us as we:
- Release the final report summarizing the assessment information,
- Highlight some comparisons of Kansas City’s data to a national cohort of employers,
- Discuss areas that participants suggest need to be targeted to make a difference in supporting the mental well-being for employees and providing access to effective care, and
- Talk with KC area employers who have expanded their efforts to highlight mental health during the Covid19 crisis
- Dennis Meier, Co-Executive Director, Synergy Services, Inc.
- Haley Prophet, Senior Wellbeing Specialist, Garmin International
- Juliet Hawley, Director, LIFEWISE Division, Saint Luke's Health System
- Candy Hawks, Employee Wellbeing Coordinator, Blue Valley School District #229
- Henry Hodes, Community Health Consultant, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City
- Stacie Engelmann, VP, HR Consultant, Lockton Companies