Nonprofit Connect is excited to livestream “The Future is Now -Tech Trends for 2020 and Beyond,” an international volunteer management conference broadcast from Canada. Join us at our office to watch this streaming event, presented by AL!VE, Better Impact and Volunteer Management Professionals of Canada.
Now in its fifth year, this year’s conference topic focuses on understanding emerging and future technologies, and how to utilize them in your organization. How does technology impact our volunteers, programs and agencies, now and in the near and far futures? You’ll enjoy short and to-the-point presentations from recognized experts in the field, followed by moderated discussion with the other presenters. Participants will receive handouts and worksheets, and will connect and network with hundreds of their peers on a face-to-face electronic level at over 40 remote locations across the U.S. and Canada.
Register now as seating is limited. Attendance fee includes materials, lunch and snacks. Pre-registration is required and seating is limited.
Topics and Presenters:
Host and Moderator:
- Dana Cory Litwin, CVA, Transformational Coach, Strategic Advisor and Public Speaker.
Presenters and Topics:
- Amira Barger, CVA, CFRE, Fundraising and Communications Consultant
- Ways to Engage Volunteers as Triangle Supporters Using Technology – a discussion of digital tools and four key tactics you can implement today for the right audience.
- Rob Jackson, Rob Jackson Consultants
- World of Mouth: Using Social Media – In an increasingly technological world, perhaps we think that personal interaction like word of mouth is old fashioned. Not so! Technology and social media allow us to embrace world of mouth – which is word of mouth on digital steroids.
- Erin Spink, Spinktank
- Becoming a Data-Informed Volunteer Engagement Professional – The future of the volunteer engagement profession lies in better capturing and using data to inform our practice. This means moving beyond the most basic metrics we currently track, like volunteer hours and numbers, to tell a more compelling story. Technology will help us tap into new ways of collecting data.
- Liza Dyer, CVA, Volunteer Engagement Specialist/Independent Consultant
- I, for One, Welcome Our New Robot Volunteers: How to Prepare Your Organization for the Robotic Workforce - Liza explores where we are now and where we are headed in the future.
for more information.
Nonprofit Connect is located in the KCPT building under the big red tower. Please park in one of the two lots directly north and across 31st Street from the station, leaving the main lot for KCPT staff and visitors with disabilities. Do not park in spaces marked AKC in the west side of the lot. Use caution when crossing the street.
Volunteer Management Institute
- September 12 & 13
Engaging Clients as Volunteers
- September 18