Interested in breaking into the Kansas City tech scene as a Web Developer? Join Prime Digital Academy Lead Instructor Scott Bromander for a free and interactive workshop to learn the building blocks of the web: HTML & CSS. Total beginners welcome and no previous coding experience necessary.
HTML & CSS are foundational technologies every Web Developer should know...if you’ve been thinking about learning to code but not sure where to start, then this workshop is for you!
At the end of this free workshop you will:
- Have a fundamental understanding of how the web serves content for users to see
- Be able to assemble HTML code so your website has content
- Give your site a strong visual presence using CSS
- Know about version control and hosting
- Pizza & networking -- we provide the pizza
- Introduction to how the internet works
- Discussion & demonstration of GitHub
- Discussion & demonstration of HTML and coding content for the web
- Breakout challenge
- Discussion & demonstration of CSS and giving our sites visual flair
- Wrap up & additional resources
For the best possible experience, please consider:
- Bringing a laptop capable of connecting to the internet via WiFi
- Creating a free account with GitHub. Once you're on their site click the ‘Signup’ button in the upper righthand corner.
- Bringing a dash of your people skills. While not the focus on the entire evening, we will be breaking out for a little bit of collaborative work.
- Your questions. We find people learn best while getting a chance to discuss topics while we teach them.