This web conference will provide an overview of the following:
- The effects of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) on clients’ refundable credits
- Eligibility for Child Tax Credit (CTC)/Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) or the new Credit for Other Dependents, known as ODC
- Due diligence requirements related to CTC/ACTC/ODC and Head of Household filing status
- Avoiding common errors in complying with due diligence requirements
- Understanding penalties for not meeting due diligence requirements
- Understanding plans to change Form 8867 for TY 2018
- Plus, live Q & A
Closed Captioning will be offered.
Continuing Education: All participants who qualify will receive a Certificate of Completion. Tax Professionals earn 1 CE Credit - Category: Federal Tax Update
If you have enough Federal Tax Update credit, excess Federal Tax Update credit can be counted towards Federal Tax/Tax Related Matters instead.
Registration: Visit the registration website. Questions: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsored By: Internal Revenue Service