Speed Networking brings together business people from all different business areas for an active and fun exchange of information.
Preparation for Speed Leads
- Practice a 90-second statement that includes your name, title or occupation, a little about what your business does and what you are looking for.
- Make sure you have a supply of business cards ready.
- Assemble brochures or other type of handout, if applicable.
- Bring a pen, notepad, and your appointment calendar with you.
- Remember that you have a few seconds to make a positive first impression.
During the Event
- First of all, have fun. The fast pace of this kind of event contributes to a high level of energy in the room.
- Three minutes are allowed for each round; Each person will get 90 seconds per round.
- As you meet each person, shake hands and exchange names and business cards.
- The first person introduces themselves and their purpose, and a very brief conversation takes place. Then switch to the next person.
- Take notes on the back of your partner’s business card. This may include notes on how they look or what they are wearing to help you remember them.
- Suggest a next step, if appropriate. You will not have time to schedule a phone call or meeting, so follow up the next day will be important.
- Above all, respect the process. At the signal, end your conversation immediately and move, or allow the other person to move, to next person. You can always continue conversations later.