Event time and more details TBA; save the date!
The 2017 Research Showcase is May 17, 2017, at K-State Olathe. The event serves as a large-scale networking session and showcase for the wide breadth of research expertise and resources at Kansas State University that are available for public and private corporate partners.
"Industry partnerships are crucial components to advance your research, to increase research funding at Kansas State University, and to impact the economic development of our state and region," said Peter Dorhout, vice president for research. "These partnerships are becoming even more pivotal as state funding remains limited and grants from federal funding agencies are becoming increasingly competitive. I hope faculty and staff are excited about this opportunity that could lead to collaborations that will advance their research, engage their students, and potentially develop new solutions and technologies."
The Research Showcase will highlight the university's numerous capabilities, including in:
• Global food systems, including agriculture and food science
• Animal and human health and nutrition
• Engineering and technology, including construction, architecture and software
• Workforce development and diversity
• Life sciences and analytics, including sensory analysis and consumer preferences and behavior