Start the year off by learning what the people who hire marketing professionals are looking for. We’re putting together a first-class panel of agency leaders and for-profit/non-profit corporate communications executives to get their takes on important questions like:
- What skills do they look for in hiring candidates at their organizations?
- What are the differences between working for a company or an agency?
- What makes a good resume and what about other formats like an online portfolio?
- How much do they value a master’s degree or a professional designation like the APR?
- Is it acceptable for a recent graduate to submit samples of work from college?
- How important are things like networking events, informational interviews and other ways to build your personal brand?
Come prepared to ask what you’ve always wanted to know and use the information to help you position yourself for further career growth. Networking opportunities with other participants (and the panel) will be available before and after. We’re partnering with the Integrated Marketing Communications master’s degree program at the KU Edwards Campus and the event will be at their convenient and comfortable facility in Overland Park.
Confirmed panelist include Liz Hawks, Sr. Vice President, Fleishman-Hillard; Lainie Decker, Director of Communications, New Directions Behavioral Health; Eric Morgenstern, CEO of Morningstar Communications (more panelists to be announced soon).