The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) will present “Operation FINANCE” a FREE entrepreneurship webinar for veterans and their spouses.
Veterans, National Guard Members, Reservists, and their spouses are invited to participate in this Webinar to learn more about programs and services offered to veterans by the SBA, including:
- SBA’s Veterans Advantage Loan Program – In Fiscal Year 2017, this program offers veterans and members of the military community a waiver on the guaranty fee on SBA Express Loans (up to $350,000) and 50 percent off guaranty fees on regular SBA loans between $150,001 and $500,000.
- SBA’s Boots to Business: Reboot Program – This free program introduces veterans to the fundamentals of business ownership and leads them through the key steps for evaluating business concepts and developing a business plan. It begins with a one-day in person course, followed by an eight week on-line course through Syracuse University.
- SBA Resource Partners – Including the Veterans Business Outreach Center, America’s SBDC – Iowa, SCORE and the Women’s Business Center who offer management and technical assistance to veterans.
Other resources for veteran-owned businesses in Iowa will be discussed as well.
To qualify for SBA’s Veterans programs, a small business must be at least 51 percent owned and controlled by an individual(s) in the following groups:
- Honorably discharged veterans
- Active duty military service member participating in the Transition Assistance Program
- Active Reservists and/or National Guard members
- Current spouse of any of the above
- Widowed spouses of service members who died during service or as a result of service-related disabilities.
The Webinar will be held via the SBA’s AT&T Connect Webinar system. To participate, go https://connect16.uc.att.com/sba/meet/?ExEventID=84554497
to on the day of the event. Participants can log in five minutes before the session starts. To connect your phone line, call Toll Free 888-858-2144
. When prompted, enter the Meeting Access Code: 4554497#