Reflecting back to time spent with one of his professional role models, Sam Walton, Harry S. Campbell takes the tenants of servant leadership and infuses them with his own business philosophies developed while working at Fortune 500 companies including Procter & Gamble (P&G) and Sprint, as well as smaller private companies. What results is an empowering and fresh approach to managing people and business that Campbell calls Get-Real Leadership.
Inside Get-Real Leadership (February 2012, Outlook Partners, $10.00), Campbell ushers in a new era of accountability, urging readers to Get Real with themselves, their motivations, and their beliefs:
- Get Real with yourself by knowing who you are and what you stand for—both professionally and personally—then choose to operate by those values.
- Get Real with the people around you, including coworkers, family members, and friends, by inspiring everyone with optimism, respect, and caring.
- Get Real about business by becoming a results-driven leader and adopting the competitive spirit to create profitability and a productive and communicative work environment.
- Get Real by living in the Here and Now. A marketer at heart with more than 25-years experience leading successful big-name brands, Campbell implements the core principles of marketing to distill his Get-Real approach to life and business leadership.
- Use personal branding to Get Real. Campbell suggests soliciting for 360-degree anonymous feedback. “Ideally you want seven stand-alone words that describe you” explains Campbell. “My seven words are consistently: team-oriented, positive, tenacious, optimistic, curious, mischievous, and impatient..”
- Create your personal brand. Establish personal connection to those seven words and allow them to inspire and motivate you. The words exist as they are given and serve to describe your personal brand. Discounting, or choosing to ‘ignore’ less-favorable words runs counter to the Get-Real Leadership philosophy.
- Share your personal brand. Allow people to get to know the real you and motivate others to be real.
- Use your brand. Drive decision-making and effect results by staying true to your core beliefs and values, while encouraging others to do the same.
In Get-Real Leadership, Campbell demonstrates how to generate wildly successful business results by creating trust, respect, and caring in your team while remaining true to who you really are and what matters to you most.
Cancellation policy: Registrants must give 24 hours’ notice to cancel a registration for any GKC-PRSA event. Cancellations with less than 24 hours’ notice will forfeit all registration fees and be billed for any unpaid balance. A registration cancellation with more than 24 hours’ notice can either be refunded or applied toward a future event. Please contact Jessica Bjorgaard, Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions.