While not the first strategy most brands consider, intriguing opportunities exist to attach a brand's social media presence to high visibility events. As the Kansas City Royals began their 2015 run to the World Championship, the Kansas City Public Library inserted itself into the post-season social media hype. The library created Royals-themed book poetry photos, sharing the images to tweak public libraries in the cities of Royals opponents. The campaign earned national media attention in the US and Canada, and provided a clear boost in the Kansas City Public Library online audience.
This case study will translate this sports-related success story into actionable strategies to:
- Creatively identify appropriate events offering attention opportunities for your brand
- Develop a workable real-time approach to launch and respond to event-related social conversations
- Capture metrics to document the strategy’s brand impact
The Central Library parking garage is located directly west of the Central Library building on the northwest corner of 10th & Baltimore. The Community Bookshelf is a striking feature of the south wall of the Central Library's parking garage. It is open 7 days a week.
The cost to park is as follows:
- Free for the first hour with validation from Library staff
- $1 every 20 minutes (or portion thereof) after the first validated hour with a maximum charge per day of $8.
- $4 after library hours