2016 Election Update: The Year of False Hopes, Slippery Slopes, and Moments of Sheer Stupidity
6 REASONS YOU NEED TO BE AT THE JUNE 24 ELECTION PREVIEW
- You’ll get a DC insider’s look at political trends and campaign surprises that impact business in KC and the US.
- We’ll explore how pop culture “trumps” political substance in 2016.
- You’ll get a peek at what lies ahead in the party presidential primaries.
- John Ashford, whom the KC Star once called a “political king-maker” will give his interpretation of the deep divisions between both parties’ bases and their new regimes.
- We’ll examine how social media and at least one candidate’s thoroughly unfiltered Twitter account will impact selection of the next leader of the free world.
- We’ll take a look at how big money and Citizens United is impacting the 2016 vote.
This event is part of the KC Chamber and Polsinelli Public Policy Up Close Speaker Series. Watch for additional events in this series focused on keeping KC area businesses up-to-date on the issues, policies, and policy trends that impact our region and the nation.
KC Chamber Public Policy Council members receive up to 2 complimentary seats upon reservation by calling (816) 374-5406.
All reservations must be paid in advance, and any reservation cancelled with less than 48 hours notice will not be refunded.