Understanding the Language of Business, a three-hour interactive workshop, is designed to teach you how to ‘talk’ with your business. After all, you don’t want to be clueless on what your business is trying to tell you. Is it saying, “I’m healthy” or “I’m sick”? Accounting is the language of business, and, just like any foreign language, it takes practice to learn to read, speak, write and understand that language.
In Understanding the Language of Business workshop, participants:
- Learn why is it important to understand and interpret the financial statements in your business
- Discover what is an income statement and why is it important
- Understand, what a cash flow statement is and why is it important
- Discuss how can the balance sheet show your company’s worth
- Discover other types of financial statements you may encounter
- Master valuable questions to ask before making any decision based on financial-statement numbers
- Discuss ways to improve profitability and financial performance
* This course introduces participants to reading and understand financial statements.
Part of a three-part series. Individuals may choose one, two or three sessions. Discounts are available for registering for all three sessions.
Session 2: Cash Is King: Identifying Key Performance Drivers
Session 3: Operational Strategies for Improving Profitability