Every nonprofit board wants members who are passionate about the organization’s mission and committed to impactful work. The question is how do you create one? The short answer is by intention, not accident. This candid and interactive workshop will address the realities and challenges inherent in nonprofit board governance, and reveal the first step to enhancing/improving board performance. In this workshop you will:
- Discuss the key responsibilities and practices of highly effective and high impact boards
- Learn about and sample a framework your board can use to evaluate its performance
- Discuss how to create action plans for upgrading/improving board performance that include time frames and accountabilities
- Clarify and enhance the effectiveness of the board/staff relationship
- Role-play handling potentially difficult conversations about board role and responsibilities.
Presenters Denise McNerney, CEO and Lynne Brown, Vice President of Strategic Consulting, iBossWell, Inc., have worked with hundreds of nonprofit groups across the country. Their exceptional insight into the characteristics and practices of high impact boards make this a workshop not to miss.