Buy Local and Find the Perfect KC Gifts for Your Customers, Clients and Employees
The holiday season offers a unique opportunity to let your customers and your team know how much you appreciate them. Enter the business gift!
So, Jelly of the Month Club for all? No way!
Think outside the giftbox and opt for an offering that shows creativity, careful thought and support of local businesses.
Whether you want to acknowledge a big client or celebrate the people who’ve kept your company running all year, a holiday gift sends a message of appreciation. When you give to clients, you improve your image, build important relationships and set the foundation for future sales. When you give to your internal team, you improve their job satisfaction and your employee retention.
And when you give gifts from local small businesses, you’re not only saying thank you to those who are key to your business, but you’re also helping support your community and creating opportunities for entrepreneurs, who create 60% of net new jobs in KC.
We’ve compiled the ultimate list of customer and employee gifts from Kansas City small businesses. And when if you’re looking for even more ideas, explore the BuyKC.org directory of local shops and services.
So let’s get shopping and make your business shine!
· GC: gift cards
· PE: private events
Uniquely KC: The gift of local experiences
Think you’ve seen everything Kansas City has to offer? Think again! These experiences range from educational to team building, with a little bit of everything in between.
· Blade & Timber Axe Throwing: Let off some steam with team building or a holiday party. GC, PE
· The Ceramic Café: Paint pottery at a private event in studio or at your place. PE
· Chicken N Pickle: Enjoy pickleball, food and drink for a private event or any time on your own. GC, PE
· Kansas City Improv: Make ‘em laugh with tickets or a private event at the comedy club. GC, PE
· KC Crew: Indulge in friendly competition with team building, field days or virtual experiences. PE
· The KC Improv Company: Make an event or training session memorable with comedy. PE
· KC Mystery Players: Laugh and find the truth in an interactive comedy show/murder mystery. PE
· Pawn & Pint: Play, dine and imbibe at this board game pub. GC
· Pound 4 Pound: Throw some punches in class or in private lessons at this boxing gym.
· Rock Climbing Instruction: Get personalized, small-group instruction or guided climbs. PE
· Screenland Theatres: Take in the movie of your choice at a private screening or enjoy a regular show. GC, PE
· Urban Hikes KC: Explore Kansas City on foot with a knowledgeable guide. GC, PE
A taste of Kansas City: Food trucks
Why go out when you can bring the party to you? Food truck rental makes any gathering memorable. And a sweet treat in the middle of the day “just because” will win you fans forever.
· Cupcakin Bakery: Call in the pink cupcake truck and – dare we say it? – tickle your peeps pink. PE
· Da Poke Wagon: Travel with your tastebuds to Hawaii thanks to delicious poke. PE
· The Funnel Cake Truck: Nosh on deep-fried Oreos, candy bars and, yes, funnel cakes. PE
· Kansas City Cajun: Taste the best of New Orleans with po’boys, pasta and more. PE
· Mattie’s Foods: Find delicious comfort in vegan food that is legit comfort food. GC, PE
· Taste of Brazil: Dine on chicken doido, risoles and other Brazilian favorites. PE
Where the wild things are: Kansas City plants and flowers
A little something green is always welcome, especially in the depths of KC’s grey winters. Shop with a local florist or nursery to find the perfect plant.
· Everwild Florals: Make an impact year-round with locally sourced subscription blooms.
· Family Tree Nursery: Make a statement with a tree, potted plant or garden décor. GC
· KC Tiny Greenhouse: Say no to boring plants and say yes to carefully nurtured vegetation.
· Paradise Garden Club: Put down roots with plants, classes and supplies from this urban nursery.
· rOOTS: Transplant people to warmer climes with the help of potted tropical plants. GC
· Virgil’s Plant Shop: Spruce up any space with the perfect houseplant.
Teaching good taste: KC food and beverage classes
Nothing unites us like amazing food. Classes about cooking, mixology and beverages are fun ways to learn and grow together.
· The Culinary Center of Kansas City: Build your technique and your team, in class or online. GC, PE
· Emilie’s French Teas: Sip and study the history, benefits or culture of tea – in person or online. PE
· Julep: Hone those mixology skills or up your whiskey game at a class or tasting. PE
· Shots by Miko: Mix like a pro with cocktail kits delivered to you and a private, online class. PE
· Taste of Kansas City Food Tours: Explore KC’s food scene or prohibition past with guided tours. GC, PE
· Westport Café: Get hands-on experience cooking and crafting cocktails with virtual classes. GC, PE
Delish deliveries: KC food subscriptions
The only thing better than tasty local fare is tasty local fare delivered directly to your door. This year, Kansas City gift givers have several options.
· Bread of the Month Club: Make home homier with artisan-baked bread delivered monthly.
· Chef Kansas City: Deliver meals expertly prepared by KC chefs. GC, PE
· Easy as Pie: Send a mini- or full-sized made-from-scratch pie every month.
· Farms by Amber: Share organic produce with CSA or microgreen subscription options.
· Kansas City Beef Co.: Be unforgettable with a KC Beef Box monthly subscription. GC
· KC Coffee: Treat coffee connoisseurs with monthly beans from local roasters. GC
· Pantry Goods: Cut waste and build ease with delivered, organic food in returnable packaging.
The most KC thing ever: Barbecue off the beaten path
Have Kansas Citians been known to throw down over barbecue preferences? Yes. But do we all love trying new-to-us barbecue joints and flavors? Also yes.
· Aunt Mildred’s BBQ Sauce: Tantalize the taste buds with this third-generation family recipe. GC
· Burnt Finger BBQ: Choose from griller meat packs, sauces and rub from this championship crew. GC
· Daniel’s Bar-B-Q Sauces: Give rubs, sauce or even label products with your company info.
· Hawg Jaw Que & Brew: Sample slow-smoked meats and specialty sandwiches. GC, PE
· Jones Bar-B-Q: Shop sauce, retail some rub or select a slab from this family-owned gem. GC
· Slap’s BBQ: Whisper these three magic words: burnt-end chili. GC, PE
Everyone belongs in Kansas City: Local memberships
No matter your interests, there’s a place for you in our community. Gift memberships help people connect with Kansas Citians who have similar passions.
· Bar K: Give unlimited access to this bar, restaurant and two-acre urban dog park. GC, PE
· The Blakk Co.: Share this social club for outstanding men of color.
· BikeWalkKC: Invest in a bike- and pedestrian-friendly KC with a business membership.
· Film Society KC: Support the KC film scene and give free and discounted movie tickets.
· Historic Kansas City: Preserve KC’s past for future generations with this active org.
· Wonderscope: Encourage quality family time with a membership to this children’s museum. GC
More Kansas City gift ideas
Whenever you need a KC resource, turn to our BuyKC guide. This listing of local businesses helps you connect with the people and companies that make our city great. You get high-quality services and products and strengthen our local economy. Win/win!
Add Your Business to BuyKC
Put your locally owned KC business on the map ... the #BuyKC map of B2C, B2B, online and brick-and-mortar shops and services.