What Kansas City Investors Want [Survey Results]
Investors in Kansas City are interested in early-stage companies, but want more due diligence, according to a recent survey. KCSourceLink partnered with the Alternative Investment Forum for a quick look at investor opinions.
The survey was sent to 500 high net worth individuals; 80 surveys were completed. Although the number of accredited investors responding was small, the responses were very consistent.
What we found:
- Accredited investors in Kansas City have an interest in early-stage investment opportunities.
- Most of those who had previously invested (65%) invested in the $11,000 to $500,000 range.
- Those who have an interest in this market do not have the time or interest in doing the due diligence required to invest.
- Those who have an interest would appreciate support with due diligence and by co-investing with other investors.
- Investors are interested in a variety of industries, most notably technology, health care and real estate.
- The responders would welcome support through news articles, online listings, angel groups and co-investing.
Download: 2016 Investor Survey.