Let Hard Hats Prevail! $75 Scholarships Available for Construction Business Management
We hear from construction business owners over and over again: their talent and passion is in the field and onsite, not necessarily with the numbers, operational efficiencies and goal setting that happens in the office.
But to grow a successful construction business, you have to have both: solid construction skills and solid financials. Because what happens in the office could just be difference between “doing construction” and running a successful, long-term construction business.
To help contractors and construction businesses fortify that solid foundation, the Urban Business Growth Initiative is offering scholarships to its Construction Business Management Course. For just $75, construction business owners can access $795 worth of training, one-on-one coaching and business expertise.
- Review past performance and determine lessons learned
- Plan financial needs to avoid cash flow problems
- Make critical decisions on business vision and strategy
- Investigate next-stage growth and opportunities
- Improve operational efficiency in the organization
- Assess current and future viability of personnel
- Create, build, and hold a strong, competitive market position
- Lead with clarity based on future goals
- Discuss strategic options with construction industry peers
Class runs from Jan. 21-March 10. Thanks to generous funding from the City of Kansas City, residents of and businesses located in Kansas City, Missouri, are eligible for the scholarships. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or apply here.
WHEN: Jan. 21-March 10, 2016 @ 5:30 p.m.– 8:30 p.m.
WHERE: UMKC SBTDC
4747 Troost Avenue
Kansas City, MO 64110
COST: $795 or $75 with Scholarships*
WEEK 1: SIZING UP YOUR BUSINESS
8a Entrepreneur Speaker
WEEK 2: MAKING STRATEGIC DECISIONS
Real Estate & Construction Law
Proper Estimating Techniques
WEEK 3: CREATING A STRATEGIC PLAN
WEEK 4: USING FINANCIAL TOOLS
QuickBooks for Contractors
WEEK 5: SEIZING THE MARKET
Bonding & Contracts Expertise
Aligning Financial Statements
WEEK 6: BUSINESS PLAN WORK SESSION
WEEK 7: MANAGING OPERATIONS FOR GROWTH
Organization & Operations Flow
Business Development Training
WEEK 8: MAKING IT HAPPEN
*Scholarships available to businesses located in or residents of Kansas City, Missouri