Kick Off and Caffeinate Your GEWKC on Nov. 16
Coffee. It’s how all good mornings—and all good Mondays—should really start. With a steaming cup of strong coffee served up at a local shop with good friends and the promise of good ideas.
So let’s get percolating, Kansas City. To kick off Global Entrepreneurship Week, several local coffee shops are joining together to host GEW’s Coffee Kickoff and get us all in the right frame of mind to Start Local, Grow Global. On Nov. 16 at 7:30 a.m., entrepreneurs will find their local hall of caffeine and fill their mugs with bright ideas and strong coffee.
Find a cup in your neighborhood (see the list below) and let’s raise our mugs to ideas that have the power to change the world.
And when you’re all warmed up and raring to go, be sure to visit the GEWKC calendar for more entrepreneurial events hosted during Global Entrepreneurship Week, Nov. 16 through 22.
Inkling's Coffee Shoppe, Blue Springs, MO
The Roasterie Cafe, Kansas City, MO
City Market Coffee Co, Kansas City, MO
PT's Coffee, Kansas City, MO
The Mug, Excelsior Springs, MO
West Side Cafe, Independence, MO
A Cup On The Hill, Kansas City, KS
Gusto Coffee, Lee's Summit, MO
Plexpod Coffee, Lenexa, KS
Woodneath Library, Barista de Casa, Kansas City, MO
North Kansas City
First Watch, North Kansas City, MO
Filling Station, Overland Park, KS
Parkville Coffee Shop, Parkville, MO
Benetti's Coffee, Raytown, MO
Country Club Coffee, Shawnee, KS
Parisi, Kansas City, MO
Westport Coffeehouse, Kansas City, MO
And as you're sipping your coffee and making new friends, feel free to drop some of these quick facts about GEW. Coffee and banter--it's gonna be a great week.
- Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW), now in its eighth year, celebrates the innovators and job creators who launch startups around the world.
- During one week each November, more than 140 nations host events to recognize the entrepreneurs and their startups that bring ideas to life, drive economic growth, and expand human welfare.
- GEW was created by the Kauffman Foundation and receives its continued support.
- Kansas City has been an epicenter of GEW activity since the beginning.
- In the past, nearly 100 local organizations hosted more than 80 events – and an estimated 7,000 Kansas Citians participated.
- More than 80 events brimming with opportunities for education, networking, and collaboration are on the docket and will take place throughout Kansas City.
- Join the conversation at #GEWKC.
- The GEW-KC 2015 theme is “Start Local. Grow Global.” which we hope will inspire entrepreneurs to connect with other like-minded individuals both locally and globally.
- Find out more about GEW-KC at GEWKC.org.
GEW Worldwide Review
- 140 countries
- 9,925 partners
- 25,621 activities
- 6,630,292 participants
- 19,200 Twitter followers
- 123,000 Facebook likes
- 8,718 LinkedIn members