Google Is Hosting a Demo Day for Women Entrepreneurs
Did you know that while female founders build incredible technology products and companies, they receive only 4 percent of venture capital? Google for Entrepreneurs is preparing to raise that roof with a demo day specifically for women entrepreneurs.
(You can skip the rest of the pitch and apply at GFEDemoDay.com. Deadline is Oct. 25, 2015.)
On Dec. 9, 2015, Google for Entrepreneurs is hosting a global Demo Day at its Mountain View, California HQ, exclusively for startups founded or co-founded by women.
The goal for Google for Entrepreneurs Demo Day: Women’s Edition is to showcase the incredible talent and innovative companies that are making an impact and help connect those ventures with Silicon Valley investors.
Want to pitch? It’s an open call for submissions. Google is accepting applications from startups who meet the eligibility requirements until Oct. 25, 2015.
To be eligible, you must:
- Have at least one female founder.
- If selected, this female founder must be one of the presenters at Demo Day.
- Have a startup in the B2B or B2C space (technology vertical preferred).
- Be actively raising a Series A round of between roughly $1,000,000 and $5,000,000.
- Be willing and able to travel to Silicon Valley Dec. 7 through Dec. 10, 2015.
- Be passionate about building a great company.
Visit GFEDemoDay.com to find out more about the event and criteria for eligibility.
Google for Entrepreneurs will cover the cost of hotel accommodations for up to two rooms. For international founders, Google for Entrepreneurs will cover the cost of air travel.
Have questions about Demo Day? Google for Entrepreneurs is holding Office Hours to answer any questions you might have about eligibility, nomination process, travel, or anything else. Book a time to talk with the GFE Team here!