Get Money Smarts
Learn everything you’ve ever wanted to know about managing your money and starting a business—all under one event, one day and one roof.
On April 8, the Alliance for Economic Inclusion is inviting 30 entrepreneurship experts to dig into the topics and resources to help people of all backgrounds learn how to start, fund and manage a business.
As part of April’s Money Smart Month and in partnership with KCSourceLink, this money mini-conference opens with a panel of entrepreneurial leaders, followed by 10 breakout sessions that cover:
- funding for your small business, outside of business credit card and merchant cash advance rates
- free marketing research resources, right in your neighborhood
- classes, programs and resources that can help you advance your business
- ways to work with students to give them valuable experience and give your business affordable talent
- how to create innovative solutions to social problems
- the keys to efficiently and effectively using social media to build an audience and advocates for your business
- how to get involved with the biggest entrepreneurship event in the world
Alliance for Economic Inclusion Meeting
Wed., April 8, 8 a.m. to 12 noon
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
Learn more and sign up here
Before and beyond April 8, there are many ways to get involved in Money Smart Month through workshops and classes.
On March 28, we’ll kick off Money Smart Month with two events.
- Grow Your Money is a free kick off event that offers personal finance and entrepreneurial tips and activities for all ages.
- Shark Tank Youth Contest invites teams of high school students to develop a product or service that will not only solve the problem but change the way things are done.
For more events, check out the Money Smart calendar for an event near you—or search the KCSourceLink calendar for funding events. Just choose “Money Matters” as your subject and hit search. You can even limit your results by location, distance and entrepreneurial type (startup, second stage, etc.)
What Is Money Smart Month?
Money Smart Month of Greater Kansas City is a public awareness campaign designed to help consumers better manage their personal finances. This is achieved through the collaboration and coordinated effort of hundreds of organizations across the Kansas City metropolitan area including businesses, financial institutions, schools, libraries, not-for-profits, government agencies and the media.
These groups come together in April each year to stress the importance of financial literacy, inform consumers about where they can get help and provide free educational seminars, workshops and activities throughout the month of April. Even though our focus is on the month of April, there are also activities held throughout the year. Programming is offered to all ages and income levels and covers all areas of personal finance from establishing a budget to first time home buying to estate planning.
About the Alliance of Economic Inclusion
AEI is a community coalition dedicated to connecting low- and moderate-income families and individuals with basic financial services. AEI meets three times each year, offering an open forum about activities, programs, products and services in the Kansas City area that benefit this population.