Kansas City Ranks in Top 5 Cities for Entrepreneurs Worldwide
Kansas City is quickly becoming America's (and close to being the world's) most entrepreneurial city.
Ranked among the five best cities globally for entrepreneurship, and one of two here at home, Kansas City vied for the top five spot against more than 50 cities around the world in a global competition recently sponsored by the Global Entrepreneurship Congress. (#GEC2015)
If you've started a business here in KC, you may already be aware of the wealth of resources available to entrepreneurs. But now the world has the opportunity to see how we support and spark entrepreneurship in the heartland.
(What's our next move? Read how Kansas City plans to take the ultimate title in our 2014 WeCreateKC report.)
The congress named Buenos Aires as the most entrepreneurial city in the world, though Kansas City landed amongst the finalists: Genk, Belgium; Madison, Wisc., and Yerevan, Armenia.
The competition evaluated cities on:
- entrepreneurial solutions emerging in city life
- entrepreneurial leadership
- metrics to show the city's level of entrepreneurship
- the impact of entrepreneurship on the city's socio-economic situation
- the potential to maintain entrepreneurial momentum
- the clear identification of the city's success factors as an entrepreneurial place
Read more in the Kansas City Business Journal and the Kansas City Star.
Flickr Image by Allen Brewer.