Coaches Corner: KC BizCare Takes the Intimidation out of Starting a Business in KC
KC BizCare is a free business resource, advocacy and information center for new and existing businesses operating within the city of Kansas City, MO. KC BizCare provides customers with information and assistance in understanding and complying with city, state and federal requirements for operating a business.
Services provided include:
- Business specific checklists of the steps necessary to open for business
- Information and referrals to city departments, agencies and partnering organizations involved in regulation of or assistance to business.
- Guidance and assistance for businesses in understanding and navigating the Kansas City’s regulatory licensing, permitting and approval processes.
- Advocacy between businesses and city departments to coordinate business-related concerns.
- Monitoring the status of our customers' progress through follow-up calls and monitoring application submittals to departments and agencies.
- Streamlining initiatives to remove barriers to entry and systemic issues that impede a business's ability to grow.
- Public access to city computers, allowing customers to look up property and zoning information, access records, submit online applications and access other services.
Find the Right Coach for Your Bricks & Mortar Business
KC Bizcare is just one. Maybe you’ll need the networks that come from joining a chamber of commerce. Or maybe you need the training and expertise that you can get at a Small Business Development Center. Or maybe your business would benefit from an organized display of love (and cash) from a Cash Mob or Dish Mob.
Our updated Resource Navigator helps you find, filter and map the right matches for your Main Street business based on your need, your business stage and/or your location.