How's Your Pitch? Worthy of $2.5K?
Calling all future entrepreneurs, it's time to showcase your elevator pitch. Kansas City Kansas Community College is once again hosting the KCKCC “Innovation Summit” – one of the premiere startup pitch competitions in the region.
State Street Perfect Pitch Competition & the Innovation Summit
April 4, 2014, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Upper Jewell on the KCKCC campus, 7250 State Avenue
March 11 – KCKCC Flint Building, Room 3619B
March 13 – Emporia State University-KC, 8400 W. 110th St., Suite 150 in Overland Park
State Street Perfect Pitch Competition
The State Street Perfect Pitch Competition is your chance to get your idea in front of investors—and maybe land some cool cash in the process.
Here’s how it works.
- Pick your division. The general division is for those age 19 and older, and the high school division is for those who are 14 to 18-years-old.
- Tryout. There are two chances left to qualify for the State Street Perfect Pitch competition. Each pitch person is given three minutes to pitch an idea, followed by three minutes for questions from the judges. Save your spot for either of the two remaining qualifying dates: March 11 – KCKCC Flint Building, Room 3619B March 13 – Emporia State University-KC, 8400 W. 110th St., Suite 150 in Overland Park
- Exhibit. Those who qualify for the perfect pitch competition are invited to set up an exhibit and share their ideas during the Elevator Pitch Exhibit at the Innovation Summit.
Exhibitors will give a 30 second elevator pitch, and attendees will invest their Monopoly money in those ideas that interest them. The top six earners (three from the general division and three from the high school division) move onto the State Street Perfect Pitch Competition. First place in each division receives $2,500; second place, $1,500 and third place, $500.
To reserve a spot at one of the tryout sessions or to ask questions, call 913-288-7284 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration can also be completed online at www.kckcc.edu. Select Workforce Development and then Innovation Summit.
What’s the Innovation Summit about?
The purpose of the Innovation Summit is to
- inspire entrepreneurs, individuals and educators to innovate
- connect people and organizations
- mentor and promote Kansas City’s entrepreneurial spirit
- engage and facilitate community leaders so that they can promote entrepreneurship as a vital part of the culture and economic health.
Innovation Summit partners include KCKCC, State Street, the Kansas Small Business Development Center, the University of Missouri-Kansas City, the Wyandotte Economic Development Council, KCSourceLink, the KCK Women’s Chamber, the KCK Chamber of Commerce, the KCK Black Chamber of Commerce, the Women’s Business Center, the Central Avenue Betterment Association, the Leavenworth County Development Council, Youth Entrepreneurs Kansas, Emporia State University-KC and SCORE.