KCSourceLink 2016 Year in Review
Each year, KCSourceLink reports out key information about what's happening with startups and small business in the metro area. The numbers reported are pulled from hotline calls, emails, online Resource Navigator ® searches and web visits.
Top 5 Requests for Assistance
Here's the kind of help KC entrepreneurs asked for most in 2016.
- Financial resources and assistance
- Startup assistance
- Business planning/mentoring
- Legal issues (for-profit and nonprofit entities)
Top 5 Client Outcomes
Nearly three-quarters of businesses that contact us are thinking about starting a business or are in the startup phase. Another quarter are already established and shopping for ways to improve and grow. After talking with our counselors, here's what our clients decided to do.
- Move forward to start a business
- Reduced sales
- Improved business operations
- Decided not to go into business
- Solved a specific operational problem
Top 5 Website Pages
In 2016, we had more than 200,000 web sessions. These top five pages brought in more than 210,000 pageviews.
- Forms of Business Organization
- Battle of the Brands
- Business Calendar
- Resource Navigator
- Global Entrepreneurship Week
Top 5 Blog Posts
We wrote hundreds of blog posts last year about tips and trends to help Kansas City's small business entrepreneurs. Here are the top 5 blog posts that resonated most with our readers.
- Battle of the Brands: Pick the Next Aristo of KC Entrepreneurship
- ScaleUP! Kansas City Reveals Fourth Cohort
- Your Favorite 2015 Entrepreneurs in Action
- Pitches Gone Wild: What NOT to Do When You Pitch Your Startup to Investors
- Take the #GEWKCgo Challenge (Because $1K in Prizes)
Top 5 Entrepreneurs in Action
In our Entrepreneurs in Action, a spinoff of our WeCreateKC report, we share the diverse and inspirational stories of KC entrepreneurship. Here are the top 5 entrepreneurial stories.
- Jazzy B's: The Road to Restaurateur
- Local Entrepreneur Wants to Make Kansas City Even More Dog-Friendly
- Solar-Powered Startup: 17° 73°
- Are You Part of the Flokk? Trey Rhedrick Invites You to Fly Along
- Who You Should Know: Lawyer, Community Builder and All-Around Advocate Adrienne Haynes
Read more about our top 10 Entrepreneurs in Action for 2016 and pop over to our blog to read the full 2016 Year in Review.