KCSourceLink 2015 Year in Review
Each year, KCSourceLink reports out key information about what's happening with startups and small business in the metro area. The numbers reported are pulled from hotline calls, emails, online Resource Navigator searches and web visits.
Top 5 Requests for Assistance
Here's the kind of help KC entrepreneurs asked for most in 2015.
- Startup assistance
- Financial resources and assistance
- Business planning
- Regulatory compliance
Top 5 Client Outcomes
Nearly three-quarters of businesses that contact us are thinking about starting a business. Another quarter are already established and shopping for ways to improve and grow. After talking with our counselors, here's what our clients decided to do.
- Actually started a business
- Decided to go into business
- Solved a specific operational problem
- Improved regular business operations
- Made significant changes
Top 5 Website Pages
In 2015, we had more than 200,000 web sessions. These top five pages brought in more than 380,000 pageviews.
- Forms of Business Organization
- Battle of the Brands
- Business Calendar
- Resource Navigator
- Global Entrepreneurship Week
Top 5 Blog Posts
We wrote hundreds of blog posts last year about tips and trends to help Kansas City's small business entrepreneurs. Here are the top 5 blog posts that resonated most with our readers.
- Pitches Gone Wild: What NOT to Do When You Pitch Your Startup to Investors
- Battle of the Brands: Your Scrappy 16
- One Definition Does Not Fit All: The Four Types of Entrepreneurship
- Meet the First Class of ScaleUP! Kansas City & ScaleUP! Kansas City Reveals Second Cohort
- Take a Ride on the KCSourceLink Resource Rail
Top 5 Entrepreneurs in Action
In our Entrepreneurs in Action, a spinoff of our WeCreateKC report, we share the diverse and inspirational stories of KC entrepreneurship. Here are the top 5 entrepreneurial stories.
- SwimZip Dives Head First into the Shark Tank
- Sharing a Passion for Paletas: Paleterias Tropicana
- Who You Should Know: Jennifer Wadella
- The Modest Beginnings and Marvelous Journey of Mackech Jewelry
- POUT Magazine: Celebrating KC's Business Women
Read more about our top 10 Entrepreneurs in Action for 2015, or pop over to our blog to read the full 2015 Year in Review.