Greater KC Chamber Announces Its Top 10 Small Businesses of 2023Jake Slobe
The Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce revealed its Top 10 Small Businesses of 2023.
The 10 finalists will compete for the 2023 Mr. K Small Business of the Year title, which honors a local business that has shown growth or sustainability with strong employee relations, a commitment to initiatives tied to diversity, equity and inclusion and a record of giving back to the community.
“Eighty candidates applied for the Small Business Celebration this year, and we were wowed by all of them,” KC Chamber CEO Joe Reardon said in a press release. “KC’s small businesses are going strong.”
The Small Business of the Year will be announced at the Small Business Awards Luncheon 11 a.m. – 1p.m. June 14 at the Marriott Muehlebach Tower in downtown Kansas City.
This year’s Top 10 Small Businesses are:
- BASYS – a personal payment processing firm that makes accepting credit and debit cards convenient and safe
- Crema – a digital product agency that designs and builds custom software
- Crux – a marketing agency which combines executive-level marketing and business strategy
- DMC – commercial HVAC and plumbing service for midsize businesses across the KC metro area
- J. Rieger – a Kansas City distillery founded in 1887 by Jacob Rieger, shut down during Prohibition and revived in 2014
- Parrish & Sons – a 100% woman-owned construction company specializing in excavation, grading and demolition
- Quantum Resource Professionals – specialist staffing solutions for school districts and health care organizations
- Resolve – a counseling and therapy practice specializing in individual therapy services for adults, couples, teens and children
- The Running Well Store – a running store designed to help runners of all levels, including novice runners, competitive athletes or someone who simply needs a good pair of shoes
- Walz Tetrick – a full-service advertising agency that’s been creating insights-driven campaigns since 1967