We Need YOU: Join the GEWKC Organizing CommitteeDavid Cawthon
It’s that time of year again. Global Entrepreneurship Week – Kansas City, the metro’s largest annual celebration of entrepreneurship, is looking for Organizing Chairs, Track Chairs and Special Interest Chairs.
Applications are open only until June 13, so get them in before the deadline. If you’re interested, email me, Jenny Miller, at [email protected].
What do each of these three positions do?
Organizing Chairs are a super important part of a well-coordinated, planned and inclusive week of activities. Folks who take on this role are willing to put in the time and effort to make that happen.
The duties include:
- Raising sponsorship funds
- Volunteer recruitment
- Helping plan, coordinate and run headline and social events
- Finalizing the GEWKC agenda
- Being present and ready to help with GEWKC Nov. 18 – 22
- Attending approximately six meetings from June to December
We also need Track Chairs in each of the four tracks, which all GEWKC sessions will fall under.
- Makers and Creators: This track is a haven of inspiration and education for anyone who makes or creates.
- Startups: This track is for those who are looking to dip their toes into a new business venture or who are up and running yet still need help navigating business ownership.
- Scalers: This track is for business that’ve survived the startup phase but haven’t yet reached maturity and are primed to grow.
- Social Enterprise: This track is for those who want to maximize their business for social and environmental well-being as well as profits.
Track Chairs are well-connected with people, businesses and organizations in one of the four tracks and are willing to ask others to get involved and share their experiences and expertise.
Their duties include:
- Identifying and encouraging people, organizations, companies to submit event ideas that push GEWKC forward. (Event submissions are open from June 17 – Aug.18.)
- Looking for unique events, presentation formats and new information
- Approving events as a leader of each track’s team
- Helping promote GEWKC and encouraging attendance
- Attending an estimated four meetings from June – December
Special Interest Chairs
We also need Special Interest Chairs. If your company or organization is interested in coordinating and hosting a series of events for a specific group (i.e. women, youth, technology, etc.), please let me know.
Their duties include:
- Coordinating and sponsoring events that include educational opportunities, lunch and learn events, and socials targeting a specific group of people.
Nominations/applications are open until June 13. If you’re interested, reach out to me, Jenny Miller, at [email protected].