Meet Mehgan Flynn, the director of World Trade Center Kansas City whose mission is to connect you to the people, companies, data and government agencies that make up the fabric of global commerce; and in doing so, increase exports from the Kansas City region, creating a more vibrant and sustainable economy.
World Trade Week during the month of May is a nationally recognized time of international awareness, education and activities, as declared every year by the President of the United States. Some cities hold a month’s worth of events, and some just a day’s worth; Kansas City will meet in the middle this year and hold activities throughout one week.
World Trade Week 2012 will be celebrated in Kansas City from May 21 to May 25 , with events held each day.
- export finance
- doing business with the Port Authority
- grant opportunities
- Free Trade Agreements
We hope you will come away from these events feeling inspired and better prepared to tackle the global marketplace!
World Trade Week Website
To help you better navigate World Trade Week, a micro site has been created so you can find more information and register for events Click here to access it. You can also click the following link for event flyers and registration information World Trade Week Events 2012.
In late 2011 World Trade Center Kansas City and the International Trade Council began speaking about the importance of Kansas City having a robust World Trade Week, showcasing all the international assets our great region has to offer. With the momentum built last year having FUTURALLIA and other international conferences in town during World Trade Week, we knew we had our work cut out for us!
As a result, a World Trade Week Steering Committee was formed comprising leaders of various international organizations in our region, meeting every two weeks, to develop programming.
The organizations on the World Trade Week Steering Committee are:
- World Trade Center Kansas City
- The International Trade Council of Greater Kansas City
- The International Visitor Council of Greater Kansas City
- The International Relations Council of Greater Kansas City
- The Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce
- The Port Authority of Kansas City
- People to People International
- People to People Kansas City Chapter
- KC SmartPort
- The Consular Corp of Greater Kansas City
- The United Nations Association of Greater Kansas City
- The Kansas Small Business Development Center
- The Missouri Department of Economic Development
- The U.S Commercial Services –Export Assistance Center
- The Pan-American Association of Greater Kansas City
- FUTURALLIA Kansas City
- Johnson County Community College
- The African Chamber of Commerce
We are grateful to these organizations for their contributions and look forward to working with them on this important initiative next year!
If you have any questions regarding World Trade Week 2012 or to become involved in planning for 2013, feel free to contact Mehgan Flynn, director of World Trade Center Kansas City at 816-374-5469.